Why in News?
A Financing Agreement for International Development Association credit of USD 125 million (equivalent) for the “Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement Operation (STRIVE) Project” was signed by the Government of India with the World Bank recently.
FACTS FOR PRELIMS
The Objective of the operation is to improve access to quality and market-driven vocational training provided in it is and apprenticeships.The scheme shall provide the required impetus to the National Skill Development Mission, 2015 and its various sub missions.
It will also ensure standardisation in skill delivery, content and training output.
The result areas for the project include–
- Improved Performance of Industrial Training Institutes;
- Increased Capacities of State Governments to Support
- Industrial Training Institutes and Apprenticeship Training;
- Improved Teaching and Learning
- Improved and Broadened Apprenticeship Training.